From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search feature ?
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:39:52 GMT
I have never used Solr and I don't know what advantages does it offer
over "pure" lucene. But couchdb-lucene is not "pure" lucene. It's a
tool written specifically for couchdb. You write search views that are
almost the same like couchdb views. If you use couchdbkit (don't know
for others), it supports couchdb-lucene so it doesn't matter if you
call couchdb view or lucene view from your code (the API is the same).
I don't know java and couchdb-lucene is perfectly usable as it is
accessed via javascript views.
Of course, if you are a java expert, you may be comfortable with
implementing your own solution, though I don't believe it will be
easier than couchdb-lucene.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Joël Guillod <joel.guillod@mac.com> wrote:
> Le 17 janv. 2010 à 16:52, Metin Akat a écrit :
>
>> Whoever needs something more sophisticated than this, IMHO the easiest
>> way is couchdb-lucene.
>
> Any trials with Solr (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/)?
>
> Since I have already experimented with Solr server (with RoR and REST access appli) I
would be more comfortable with it than pure Lucene. One of the other reasons is that I already
have the appropriate Solr configuration files (e.g. to deal with french language).