From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search feature ?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:52:08 GMT

> That will let you find a title or body which *starts* with a given word or
> text string.

That's exactly what I mean.
Whoever needs something more sophisticated than this, IMHO the easiest
way is couchdb-lucene.
Lucene is much better than all the "pure couchdb" tricks. It's faster,
more reliable, the search will be better in terms of the quality of
the search results etc.
The only case I would recommend implementing some "pure couchdb"
solution would be if your app is written in couchapp and relies on
replication to distribute the app itself. Then you can't enforce
everyone to setup lucene.

Nicolas, in your particular situation you need full text search.
Nothing less will be satisfactory for you and your users. And in my
opinion setting up couchdb-lucene is easier than writing
"fulltext-like" views for couchdb. Go read the docs here
http://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene/tree/0.4-maint
If you get in trouble, I could try to help you.