From Nicolas Steinmetz <>
Subject Re: Search feature ?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:19:59 GMT
2010/1/17 Metin Akat <>

> Depends on what you mean by "search". If you want "fulltext search",
> then yes, your best choice so far is couchdb-lucene. But if you just
> want to find documents by their properties, then you don't need to use
> some external tool.

For ex, I would like to implement a basic search in a blog app and maybe in
the futur in a basic CRM app. So for ex if I search for couchdb, I would
like to find all docs with couchdb in the title or body part in my blog and
if I look for "Doe", I will find the entry I have for all people named "Doe"
in my CRM app.

> For example I use this function to "search" for animals in my database.
> function (doc) {
>    if (doc.doc_type == 'Animal') {
>            emit(doc.ear_mark, doc);
>            emit(doc.belt, doc);
>            emit(doc.birth_date, doc);
>    };
> }
> the user starts typing (either of these properties) in a text field
> and is able to find the animal she is looking for.

Looks it's what I was looking for.

Nicolas Steinmetz -