From fana <f...@2flub.org>
Subject Re: Questions on replication (how to prevent DELETEs and resync deleted documents)
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:16:00 GMT

Ok, I think I figured it out now.

I always used the revision ID which I saw in _changes
to re-load a document and saving it again.

If I use the previous revision ID (before deleting) to re-load
the document, then the data is still there
and I can save the document back.

But for saving I used the revision ID
which was generated by deleting the document.

>From my understanding this means, if you want to resurrect deleted
documents,
you have to do it before compaction happens.

So, are the following steps the right approach for un-deleting documents? :

1) Don't run compaction
until you un-deleted all the documents you want

2) Re-load a deleted document with a revision ID
previous to the delete to get back the data
and not only the stub of the document

3) Save it back but use the latest revision ID
(the one you got after deleting the document)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/200901.mbox/%3C953A38F3-E1AA-4952-BEBA-B6FCECC69D72@apache.org%3E