From Joshua Bronson <jabron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9 -> 0.10 view migration
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:44:59 GMT
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the update. Damien's been busy with a cross-country move so
> he hasn't been able to look at this.

I figured as much, no worries. Hope the move's going well, Damien.

To avoid downtime you can replicate to 0.10 and build views, then
> switch over your processes to use it.

We actually tried this, got all the way through replicating to 0.10 and
partway through the initial view creation before it filled up the 200G nfs
mount we were replicating to. We just simply don't have enough space to
support this. Being able to just migrate the header successfully would be a
big win.