From Kevin Ferguson <ke...@meebo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Do I need the couchdb.stdout file?
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 20:16:35 GMT
I don't think he was proposing turning off all logs, just couchdb.stdout.

We turned off couchdb.stdout on our cluster because 1) it was enormous; 2)
it did not appear to contain anything useful that's not in couch.log; and 3)
we had trouble making it rotate correctly.  So I would totally advise
redirecting stdout to /dev/null on a busy production setup.  stderr has been
useful, though.

Kevin