From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Installing Couch on a machine with no internet and other issues
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:50:49 GMT
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:18:21PM +0100, Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> > That doesn't tell you how to write a .spec file though. As a first call,
> > I'd start googling for them. There are several public RPM repositories out
> > there which publish spec files for thousands of packages.
> >

> You can grab if from Fedora SRPMS.

Good suggestion.

Oh, and I forgot to check EPEL. It looks like you're in luck: there's a
reasonably up-to-date couchdb there (0.10) and Erlang (R12B5) and presumably
all other necessary dependencies.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

Choose between i386 and x86_64, and RHEL4 and RHEL5. These are binary
packages so no need to build anything. Copy them to the target machine
and rpm -Uvh couchdb*.rpm; if it reports missing dependencies, fetch those
too and try again.

HTH,

Brian.