From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Modeling question
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:27:04 GMT
On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 09:45:33AM +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
> (*) There is a new feature in CouchDB, which I haven't tried, which allows a
> view to emit different documents than the one being processed.

I've tried it out and added some documentation here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Introduction_to_CouchDB_views#Linked_documents

It looks like it could be useful for you.

As far as I can tell, it only affects include_docs=true. That is, you still
cannot include data from a different document directly into the keys or
values of a view row, but you can just cause a different document to be
loaded when include_docs=true is used.

Regards,

Brian.