From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Design Question
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 00:04:49 GMT
On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Matthew M. Gamble <mgamble@mgamble.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Roger!
>
> If I go down the "one user, one DB" path is there a limit to the number of databases
I can create?  Any performance issues with having 100k+ unique databases?

Couch has been tested and works fine with millions of databases. If
you need to spread them across directories, create them with a "/" in
the name (properly escaped in the url, of course) and couch will
create subdirectories to hold the files.

Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net
http://couch.io