From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB not listening on Port 5984
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 04:07:33 GMT
2009/12/14 "Thomas Mühlichen" <blogspace@wolke7.net>:

>> Did you change permissions on the $PREFIX/var/run/couchdb
>> $PREFIX/var/lib/couchdb directories as well? Can you run couchdb as
>> root? Can you change the log level in $PREFIX/etc/couchdb/local.ini to
>> debug and try again?
>
> yes, changing log level didn't change anything...
>

>> Can you try these commands in the erl console:
>>
>> $ erl
>> # Stuff...
>>
>> 1> application:start(crypto).
>> ok
>> 2> application:start(couch).
>> ok
>>
>> And see if either of those doesn't return ok.
>>

> ok, that's interesting :)
>
> 1> application:start(crypto).
> {error,{"no such file or directory","crypto.app"}}
> 2> application:start(couch).
> {error,{"no such file or directory","couch.app"}}
>
> hmm but obviously these files are available:
>
> $ find /usr -name crypto.app
> /usr/lib/erlang/lib/crypto-1.5.2/ebin/crypto.app
> $ find /usr -name couch.app
> /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.11.0b889868/ebin/couch.app
>
> if it matters, i ran erl as root.
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

It looks like you've either built the wrong version of Erlang and
installed it under user, or you have an old version and forgot to sudo
make install the newer version. A crypto lib version 1.5.2 suggests
you have an older version installed, most likely from apt. Can you
sudo apt-get remove erlang and then make sure and run sudo make
install in your Erlang build directory? Those files should most likely
show up under /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/crypto* unless you specified
--prefix on your configure run.

Also, my bad for the couchdb side, you'd need to do something like:

$ ERL_LIBS=/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang erl

when running the shell so that it picks up the proper search path.

HTH,
Paul Davis