From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javascript templating for shows/lists
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:55:02 GMT
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Roger Binns <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>> embeddedjs works well here... which crash did you have ?
>
> It is probably versioning or something.  The error text is:
>
>  JavaScript function raised error: TypeError: regex.exec is not a function
>
> I'm using CouchDB 0.10.0 on Ubuntu 9.10.  Embeddedjs doesn't look too
> promising anyway.  It is just Javascript embedded in text, but John Resig's
> code can do that too (and with way less code).  I do like the error
> reporting (line number and details) although that seems unlikely to work
> server side.  Also no idea if it does html escaping of values - examining
> code leads me to believe it does not.
>
> Roger

Well json resig code is buggy and give less features than embededjs.
Anyway if you  don't want logic in templates so indeed mustache or
maybe underscore though I really don't like having things starting
with a "_" which is against some common usages. Also have a look on
closure which may be interesting too.

- benoît