From Robert Campbell <rrc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple replication fails to copy over design docs
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:39:00 GMT
I'm actually using Futon.

> Alternatively, you can trigger the replication from the source and supply a user:pass
in the target URL.

Thanks Adam, this worked, and my design docs were successfully
replicated. I still have no idea why it doesn't work when you want to
pull from an ungated DB into a gated DB where you already
authenticated.

Rob, Chris, thanks for the help.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Robert (Campbell), the replicator uses the authentication credentials you supply
in your POST to /_replicate to open any local DBs.  If you're doing this through Futon, it
may be that Futon is not sending an Authorization header in that replication request.  I
suspect that if you try the request manually, e.g.