From Timothy Baldridge <tbaldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No safe way to query and not ever reduce a view.
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:51:26 GMT
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Simon Metson
<simonmetson@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why not duplicate the maps out of the views with a reduce. You'd then always
> query everything without ?reduce=false. Computing the views will not be more
> expensive if they're all in the same design doc.

To play the devil's advocate here, I'd say that duplicating code is a
bad idea. Now all changes to the un-reduced view must also be made the
reduced view.

Secondly, I agree with the OP, it seems odd that CouchDB is so
"relaxed" when it comes to document structure, but a simple thing like
silently disregarding an argument will cause it to complain.

Timothy