From Troy Kruthoff <tkruth...@gmail.com>
Subject atomic/concurrent update_seq for _changes
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:36:33 GMT
I have an app that gets data from a view and then monitors _changes
for updates.  Currently it:

1)  Gets the update_seq from the database
2)  Gets data from a view
3)  Connects to _changes since updae_seq from #1

I'm assuming I need to handle duplicate data, as the database could of
been modified since the initial get of the update_seq.

What would be sexy is for couch to include an "x-update-seq" header
for GET requests.  In my case, this would mean 1 less http request,
and ensure _changes does not include data already reflected in the view.

Thoughts?

Troy