From Kosta Welke <ko...@fillibach.de>
Subject Re: scaling dimensions in reduce
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:42:11 GMT
On Dec 15, 2009, at 12:58 AM, Matteo Caprari wrote:
> The list function will need two consume iterators in the correct order.
>
> Also, we may consider to include the view names in the url instead of
> in the post body.\
> That would make the call more explicit and consistent with the current api.
> _list/listname/design1/view1/design2/view2/../../designN/viewN/

Actually, that was a feature that I was looking for but never said anything :) This e.g. would
make it possible to have a list of blog entries and the tag could in the same HTML page (e.g.
like daylight running lights does it), but without needing AJAX (which is important for some
people).

For the "find max number, then scale to that number" use case, there is still the atomicity
issue, which will probably not appear often. To get atomicity, we would need reduce chaining,
right?

Or, if we are only interested in the max number of the returned list, the view list could
calculate the scaling factor and then scale itself, which is not the couchdb way, but it's
possible (or the client could scale, if AJAX's ok) ;)

Cheers,
Kosta