From Joshua Brickner <jos...@rocketjones.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Test Suite Mostly Fails
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:17:48 GMT

On Dec 16, 2009, at 10:05 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Joshua Brickner
> <joshua.brickner@me.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 16, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

CouchDB and all dependencies. CouchDB seems to work OK at first, I can run futon and use it.
However, problems arise when I run the Test Suite I get a myriad of errors. You can view my
couchdb.log file here: http://gist.github.com/257972

>>> Can you run the couchjs binary on the command line?
>>>
>>> Something like:
>>>
>>> $ couchjs /usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js
>>>
>>> And then type ["reset"] and hit enter. If that fails can you paste the output?
>>>
>>> Paul Davis
>>

>> This is what I get:
>>
>> macinjosh:~ Josh$ couchjs /usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js
>> dyld: Library not loaded: Darwin_DBG.OBJ/libjs.dylib
>>  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/couchdb/bin/couchjs
>>  Reason: image not found
>> Trace/BPT trap
>>
>> - Josh
>>

> Did you happen to follow the instructions for building Spidermonkey
> that say to use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH? I'd suggest symlinking the library
> and headers into /usr/local/[include|lib] to see if that fixes your
> issue. There are instructions at [1] under the "Avoiding
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" section. After you fix that, you'll probably need
> to re-configure and re-build couchdb.
>
> Paul Davis

I created the symlinks and recompiled couchdb without the -with-js-[include|lib] flags and
the Test Suites runs smoothly now.

Thanks.

- Josh