From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Re: Documentation: 1. Order in which replication is executed 2. Single invocation multiple ports 3. Replication bound to a
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:43:32 GMT

On Dec 11, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Ceriel Jacobs wrote:

> * 1st most recent changes, 2nd older changes, 3th oldest changes

I _think_ it's forward chronological order (the opposite of what you say here), but don't
take my word for it.

> * 1st data, 2nd BLOB's

That wouldn't work, because documents are atomic; you can't update part of a document without
updating all of it.

> * 1st documents in the top of the tree, 2nd are documents in the second level of the
tree, etc.
> and/or
> * 1st walking down a tree till its leave, then the next leave of the same parent, until
the last, and then one level up

To my knowledge there is no notion of a tree. Documents are keyed by an ID, in a flat namespace.

Each replication is an atomic transaction, so what you're asking about are implementation
details — no client would ever see a database that was halfway through replication.

—Jens