From Steve Anderson <s.anderson...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB Returning Different Responses/Errors
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:48:44 GMT
I am working my way through the online version of the O'Reilly book
"CouchDB: The Definitive Guide" by Anderson, Lehnardt and Slater.

I am on Chapter 3 "Getting Started".  I've downloaded and started CouchDBX,
but am getting errors, or at least different responses, when I run the first
few commands in chapter 3.

For example:

silverlight:~ stevea$ curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/
{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.10.0"}

silverlight:~ stevea$ curl -X GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/_all_dbs_
{"error":"error","reason":"illegal_database_name"}

silverlight:~ stevea$ curl -X PUT http://127.0.0.1:5984/baseball
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Any ideas?

Thanks