From Steve Foulkes <sfoul...@fnal.gov>
Subject Re: CouchDB not listening on Port 5984
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:46:10 GMT
Is there any chance that the couch process is just bound to loopback
instead of an external interface?

Steve

blogspace@wolke7.net wrote:
> I have problems to get couchdb work.
>
> I installed it from svn on a ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS system.
>
> When i start /usr/local/etc/init.d/couchdb start it says "Starting database server couchdb
   [ OK ]", the process is running but not listening on port 5984, there is unfortunately
not log output and when i stop it, it says "Stopping database server couchdb  [ OK ]", but
the processes are still running.

> I also installed erlang from source (Erlang R13B03 (erts-5.7.4)). I read that this problem
occurs when couchdb 0.9.x and 0.10.x is installed on the same system, because of an erlang
error, but i have only the current version of couchdb installed.