From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple replication fails to copy over design docs
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 02:07:41 GMT
Hi Robert (Campbell), the replicator uses the authentication credentials you supply in your
POST to /_replicate to open any local DBs.  If you're doing this through Futon, it may be
that Futon is not sending an Authorization header in that replication request.  I suspect
that if you try the request manually, e.g.

curl http://user:pass@destination.net:5984/_replicate -d '{"source":"http://source.net:5984/dbname",
"target":"dbname"}'

it will successfully replicate the design docs.  Alternatively, you can trigger the replication
from the source and supply a user:pass in the target URL.  Best,

Adam