From Tim Coffman <timcoff...@mac.com>
Subject RE: Two Concerns
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:57:30 GMT

Sean Clark Hess writes:
> So, I really like couch, but there are two complaints I have read that I
> would like to resolve.

I need to add my own concern at this point, having been working with CouchDB for a couple
months now: the lack of built-in sharding.

While the Lounge team team have clearly worked very hard, the Lounge remains a bolted-on,
external solution to a problem which feels like it is completely within the project goals
of the main CouchDB project.  Until CouchDB supports sharding out-of-the-box, it will remain
difficult for me to recommend it for any heavy-use scenarios.

You may sense that I've been having some difficulty setting up Lounge, and have, in fact,
not got it correctly configured even today.  That's a story for another post.

- Tim Coffman