From "slubowsky@netzero.net" <slubow...@netzero.net>
Subject Re: filters for _changes dont seem to work
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:18:17 GMT
Roger Binns wrote:
>Chris Anderson wrote:
>> I'll let this one sit for a couple of days while people have a chance to try it out.
>Hah your reverse psychology does not work on me.  Wait, it did.  I have code
that reproduces it. (I'll update the bug.)

>The bug is far more complex and has "random" behaviour.  The prerequisites
are a _changes longpoll request using a filter function.  The symptom you
get is that the filter function is not called and treated as though it
returns false some of the time.  (You can verify it is not called by calling
log and that matching items are not returned.)

>The items being changed also need to be in a view.  The view needs to be
accessed between changes.  (Changes means create/change/delete.)  This is
the crucial part of reproduction.
I tried the latest and also found that the bug is still out there. I tried to reproduce it
using a simple use case and could not. Since Roger says he has code that reproduces it, I
wont bother trying to come up with a more complex test (I think Roger might have hit it with
the fact that the items need to be in a view that is accessed between changes for the bug
to show up). Again, the symptoms are that the log function is not even called (as verified
by the lack of messages in the log) and _changes just acts as though the filter returned false.
Stephen
Liberty University Online
Earn a bachelors degree online in Nursing. Get free info now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/c?cp=l8isuPp9ilJrD6pGjIeJgQAAJz7PXgnlLC7u5ZtKh1zh0o-lAAQAAAAFAAAAADMzcz4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABSGmAAAAAA=