From Matteo Caprari <>
Subject Re: scaling dimensions in reduce
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:11:27 GMT
Hi Kosta.

I'm trying to output an svg chart using a _list function, so no client
is consuming the view directly.

I could find the max and scale the data inside the list, but that
would consume quite a lot of memory for big datasets,
unless it was possibe to reset the iterator...

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM,  <> wrote:
> Hi!
>> To scale the values I'need to know the maximum point,  and I think
>> it'not possible to do that with map/reduce.
> You can find the maximum point using map/reduce. The division of all point
> must then be done manually given that point, e.g. in a view. Of course,
> doing it this way has problems with atomicity.
> HTH,
> Kosta

:Matteo Caprari

View raw message