From fana <f...@2flub.org>
Subject Questions on replication (how to prevent DELETEs and resync deleted documents)
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:38:32 GMT

Hi,

yesterday I played around with CouchDB's (0.10) replication feature.

I have a database which should be something like a "master".

Means, I want to replicate its complete content to other databases
and from them all content back to the master.

But I want to prevent documents to be deleted on the master
which have (accidentally or not) been deleted on one of the other
databases.

I also want the master to resync the documents which were deleted on the
other databases.

After playing around and reading the documentation
I found that deleted documents get only resynced again
if the revision was changed so the document appears in the "_changes"
resource.

Is it somehow possible to build a scenario like this?

So,

* How can I resync deleted documents
without touching the doument and getting a new revision?
* How can I prevent documents to be deleted
and only integrate new or changed documents to the master?

Thanks in advance