From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: filters for _changes dont seem to work
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:02:30 GMT
On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure the API is quite as you say. When using feed=continuous
> you do see all the changes, since it's just being passed to an event
> listener of some kind.

I may be splitting hairs here, but I think even with continuous
changes you may not see every single update to a particular doc. For
instance if you are on a very slow connection and someone is updating
the doc from a very fast connection. It's just important that people
understand these guarantees.

> Where you do, definitely, see 'gaps' is when
> you use _changes retrospectively.

Changes is just following the by_sequence index, so these gaps are
normal. The point I'm making is that even with continuous changes you
are following the same by_sequence index, so the guarantees are the
same.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson