From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: filters for _changes dont seem to work
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:23:32 GMT
On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Sebastian Cohnen
<sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey Chris,
>
> On 29.11.2009, at 20:05, Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> To be clear, the _changes API doesn't guarantee that you'll get every
>> single change. If a document is changed many times in quick succession
>> it's possible that only the latest state will appear in the _changes
>> feed.
>
> okay, that was not the way I understood the _changes-feed. Is there an API interface
that guarantees me to tell all changes?

No, there is no API for that. I think you'll find the _changes API is
actually what you want. If a document is changed, you are guaranteed
to be notified, it's just that if the same document is changed lots of
times, you may not see all the intermediate states.

This behavior is inherent in CouchDB's data-model, as it is used to
drive replication, view indexing, and external indexers. Hopefully it
works for your purposes as well.

Chris

PS thanks for adding to the ticket, Roger.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net