From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Server side scripting
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:32:34 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Sebastien PASTOR
<sebastien.pastor@gmx.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys,
>
> Have been reading a little about CouchApp. Looks neat and great to
> embed whole app in couchdb
> But sorry i must be missing something  because i can t see how couchapp can be used
to do
> a webservice call to google web service for instance ?

That is one of the missing pieces. It's not a technical challenge, so
much as a security challenge. If replicated apps can make http
requests out of the box we're just enabling spammers.

If you can cut this gordian knot, please share your technique.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net