From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP session
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:02:36 GMT
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Vlad GURDIGA <gurdiga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 17 Nov 2009, at 14:37, Vlad GURDIGA wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Do we have the notion of HTTP session for CouchDB?
>>>

>> HTTP is stateless.
>
> That's true. But then people invented http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2109.txt. :)
>
> I was referring to that kind of session.

Yes, we have various ways to authenticate to couchdb, including a
cookie-based auth handler. The underlying tech has been written, but
we are still working on a screen for Futon to make it easy to use as a
developer.

We do try to keep operations stateless, but there's nothing to stop
you from using cookie contents in show and list functions, for
instance. Just be careful with the cacheing, and patches welcome.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net