From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about document copies & replication
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:21:03 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:40 PM, David Nolen <dnolen.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait you can have views across multiple dbs? Are there instructions
> somewhere how to do this that I missed?

There no support for it. It's just that if you have access to
couchdb's json collation algorithm, it's possible to merge views in
constant space. CouchDB lounge does this for partitioning. The same
algorithm can merge the same (or different) views across multiple
databases. So you can use the CouchDB-Lounge merge code for other
operations.

I'm not sure it's super useful yet, but putting it into core could
open up a lot of possibilities.

Chris