From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: all_dbs_active - what should an app do when it gets this?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:35:37 GMT
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Jeff Macdonald <macfisherman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That does seem logical. I've duplicated this behavior in Python as well:
>>
>> #! /usr/bin/env python
>>
>> import couchdb
>> conns = []
>> for i in range(200):
>>    conns.append(couchdb.Server("http://127.0.0.1:5984/").create("test-%s" % i))
>>    docs = [{"_id": "%s" % j, "lang": "erlang"} for j in range(500)]
>>    conns[-1].update(docs)
>
> Paul, does this code create 200 connections? It's been a while since
> I've done Python. The Perl version I created only creates 1 connection
> and tries to create 200 databases with that single connection.
>
>> And that runs fine with no call to update.
>
> yeah, creating 200 databases is no issue. It is once you add docs the
> issue shows up.
>
> --
> Jeff Macdonald
> Ayer, MA

Jeff,

You rightly pointed out that once we get to the 101st db, the first db
should be idle which triggered my bug sleuthing mode. It turns out
that once a delayed commit finished it wasn't updating the state of
the gen_server in couch_db.erl where the idle status is checked.

Can you `svn up` and check that your tests all pass now?

Paul Davis