From Robert Campbell <rrc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: /etc/init.d/couchdb stop never really stops the db
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:53:09 GMT
@Mikhail - but when I tried to specify the PID file I found in
/var/run, it didn't work:

root@default:~# couchdb -b -p /var/run/couchdb
Apache CouchDB needs a regular PID file: /var/run/couchdb

I just want the init.d scripts to work as they're supposed to. Is
there some special trick you have to perform after "apt-get install
couchdb"? I can't imagine I'm the only one whose init.d/couchdb won't
stop the DB in two completely different Ubuntu & CouchDB versions and
installations.