From Robert Campbell <rrc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: /etc/init.d/couchdb stop never really stops the db
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:54:20 GMT
Sorry, I screwed that up. I saw the d as b for some reason. Here's the
results from -d:

root@default:~# ps -A | grep couchdb
 4389 ?        00:00:00 couchdb
 4419 ?        00:00:00 couchdb
 6399 ?        00:00:05 couchdb
root@default:~# couchdb -d
root@default:~# ps -A | grep couchdb
 4389 ?        00:00:00 couchdb
 4419 ?        00:00:00 couchdb
 6399 ?        00:00:05 couchdb
root@default:~# curl -X GET localhost:5984
{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.10.0"}
root@default:~#

So basically it doesn't seem to do anything. The processes are still
running and the couchdb server is still responding to requests.