From Lennart Melzer <l.mel...@tu-bs.de>
Subject Re: POST/PUTing binary Attachments to external Handler
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:22:40 GMT
I just looked through the error logs and the code a bit more. I think
this passage describes best what seems to happen (though I don't know
why)

So the stracktrace shows that the mochiweb passes the request to
couch_httpd:handle_request where it seems to try to call send_json
(whysoever). It all fails when it tries to encode the binary data as a
json string. This all seems to happen before couch_httpd_external.erl
stuff gets called, which might be able to handle binary data correctly.

Here's the log snippet:
   crasher:
     initial call: mochiweb_socket_server:acceptor_loop/1
     pid: <0.1059.0>
     registered_name: []
     exception exit: {ucs,{bad_utf8_character_code}}
       in function  xmerl_ucs:from_utf8/1
       in call from mochijson2:json_encode_string/2
       in call from mochijson2:'-json_encode_proplist/2-fun-0-'/3
       in call from lists:foldl/3
       in call from mochijson2:json_encode_proplist/2
       in call from couch_httpd:send_json/4
       in call from couch_httpd:handle_request/5
       in call from mochiweb_http:headers/5

Anyone out that knows more about the internals of couchdb than I do? I
would be grateful for any advice (gotta learn some erlang programming
soonish).

Greetings,

Lennart