From Sven Helmberger <sven.helmber...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: filters for _changes dont seem to work
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:57:13 GMT
slubowsky@netzero.net wrote:
> I am trying to use a simple filter to filter the changes I get when asking for changes
using the _changes API.

> I find that often the filter is not even called (I write a message to the log when the
filter is called, when it returns false, and when it returns true) and I don't get changes
I should have received (especially changes to existing documents, new documents seem to do
better, deletes never get included, not even the first one).

> What typically happens is that the first couple of changes do get through as expected
(and I see the appropriate log messages written by the filter) but then after a few updates,
my filter doesn't even get called (I see no log messages from my filter) and couch seems to
decide on its own not include the change but just updates the last_seq number and sends that.

> My filter and a snippet of the log file showing one PUT causing the filter to be called
and a change sent out, followed by a nearly identical PUT that doesn't even cause the filter
to be called and the change fails to get sent out follows.

> Any help would be appreciated.

You are not writing back documents with the same content, are you?

Regards,
Sven Helmberger