From "James R. Leek" <le...@llnl.gov>
Subject CouchDB doesn't work for me
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 05:40:07 GMT
Hi there, I'm a newbie who was hoping to use couchDB for a grad school
project.  I have a cluster to run it on, but I don't have root on the
cluster, so getting it to build was a bit of a chore.  I had to
independently build all the dependencies from source.  (On my home
Ubuntu machine I was able to download it off the repos and get it
running instantly, but I need it running on the cluster.)

So, first I tried 0.10.0, but that didn't work for me, and the
troubleshooting recommended I try what's in the repo.  Having checked
out from the repo, it built fine, I installed it, and it just sits
there.  It doesn't do anything.  Not even terminal output.  Hrm.

I built to following dependencies, and I've attached an strace output.
Does anyone know what obviously stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

js-1.8.0-rc1
curl-7.19.6
icu4c-4_2_1
otp_src_R12B-5