From Jeff Macdonald <macfisher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: all_dbs_active - what should an app do when it gets this?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:53:54 GMT
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> That does seem logical. I've duplicated this behavior in Python as well:
>
> #! /usr/bin/env python
>
> import couchdb
> conns = []
> for i in range(200):
>    conns.append(couchdb.Server("http://127.0.0.1:5984/").create("test-%s" % i))
>    docs = [{"_id": "%s" % j, "lang": "erlang"} for j in range(500)]
>    conns[-1].update(docs)

Paul, does this code create 200 connections? It's been a while since
I've done Python. The Perl version I created only creates 1 connection
and tries to create 200 databases with that single connection.

> And that runs fine with no call to update.

yeah, creating 200 databases is no issue. It is once you add docs the
issue shows up.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA