From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: In regards to naming of design documents
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:18:26 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 05:06:14PM -0700, Chris Stockton wrote:
> We are deciding our convention for how we will emulate tables in couch
> db. Our current idea is the user named tables will each have a design
> document with punycode names. "table┼łame" is a design doc stored as ->
> I.E. _design/tableame-uqb. Of course this brings up a collision
> problem for our system defined design docs, such as lucene etc.

Possible solution: if your emulation layer is called "tablefoo", then have
_design/tablefoo_<tablename> or _design/tfuser_<tablename>

Remember you don't *have* to have separate design docs per table - you can
have multiple views within the same design doc, and the user doc will only
be serialized once to the view server to build all those views.