From Brian Candler <>
Subject Re: How do you handle multiple document groups?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:45:30 GMT
On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 12:03:55PM +0100, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> For something like "" domain and "users" database. I'll just
>> have to replace all periods with underscores or something.
> I wouldn't create databases per type.
> say user a has the domains and
> for that user the databases /a/foo_com/ and /a/bar_com
> are created. In these databases, all documents for the
> respective domain live. If you need additional info for
> the user that owns the domain that is not specific to
> the domain, I'd go with putting all user-specific info
> in each of the user's databases. This is duplication,
> but it doesn't really hurt, except maybe for users
> with hundreds and thousands of domains.

I'd say it depends what you mean by a "user"

If a user logs in as to get to the blog, and to get to the blog, then each database probably should
have its own users table.

If you can login as and you are 'attached' to both the and domains as a user, then I'd say you'd need a single
users database, separate from the domain databases. The records in the user
database would list what domains the user is allowed to see. You can use a
map view to turn the data backwards, e.g. so that you can see which users
are allowed to access

View raw message