From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: all_or_nothing=true and replication
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:43:08 GMT
On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 05:36:18PM -0500, Damien Katz wrote:
> Yes, you can make a situation where somehow a user has legal updates to
> certain conflicts, but not others, on a particular node A. On some other
> node B, somehow the security was different and he was allowed to update
> all the docs. Then an attempt to merge all the conflicts into the
> document the user didn't really have edit access too will not be
> replicated from node B to node A.
>
> It's a contrived situation, but possible with misconfigured or updated
> security settings that haven't propagated.

This is definitely something that I need to add to the
Replication_and_conflicts page.

When you talk about security mechanisms, I know of "validate_doc_update",
but are there other things which can affect whether a document is replicated
or not? (e.g. I've heard talk of a filtered _changes feed, I don't know if
that's implemented yet). I'd like to make sure I cover all bases.

On a related point: is it possible to configure a database to stop people
*pulling* certain documents? For example, if I want to allow people to read
and replicate user documents but not _design documents?

Thanks,

Brian.