From "Sebastian Negomireanu" <sebastian.negomire...@justdesign.ro>
Subject Performance issue
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:45:05 GMT
Hello,

I am encountering a big performance problem with CouchDB. I've tried it both
on Windows and on an Ubuntu server 9.10 virtual machine. In both scenarios,
I get response times around 500ms (and sometimes more). I've tried simple
operations like adding a very minimal document (about 5 fields, a total
payload of max 0.5 KB / doc). I've also tried the operation while running it
in a loop. After 220 seconds i've only PUT 448 documents.

After running the whole thing through a profiler (to be sure that it's not
my code causing the issues), it seems the bottleneck is in the response time
from the couchdb server.

Is there any magic optimization that I must do or something I'm missing? My
machine is fast enough that this shouldn't be a real issue (Core 2 Duo,
2GHz, 4GB ram, running on Windows 7, and VM running on VirtualBox, with 512
MB RAM).

  _____

Best regards,
Sebastian Negomireanu | CTO / Managing Partner JustDesign Sibiu, Romania
+40-726-181186 | +40-788-757462
 <mailto:sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro>
sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro

SC JustDesign SRL | Str. Dorului 20, 550352, Sibiu, Romania
+40-269-210008 |  <mailto:office@justdesign.ro> office@justdesign.ro |
<http://www.justdesign.ro> www.justdesign.ro

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the ones to
which it is addressed, and contains information which is confidential and
may be privileged. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use (of any part) of
this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender or Just Design SRL by return e-mail or telephone
(+40-269-210008) and delete this e-mail from your system, including any
attachments thereto. Any information in this message that does not relate to
the official business of Just Design SRL shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it. Internet communications are not secure, therefore
Just Design SRL does not accept any liability for either the contents of
this message, or any damage related to documents and/or data which are
communicated by e-mail. Violation of this notice may be unlawful.