From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad special document member: [_attachments|__type]
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:43:28 GMT
Hello, thank you for the response,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Chris, it sounds like a version mismatch.  Were you replicating from a
> newer version to an older version?  Better yet, can you just give the full
> details of the replication config and the server versions.

I believe I am going from 0.9.0 to 0.10.0. The replication command I
am running to do this 1 time copy (migrating from this old server to a
new one)

curl -X POST http://user:pass@(new 0.10.0):5984/_replicate -d
'{"source":"http://user:pass@(old 0.10.0):5984/master",
"target":"master"}'

Result:
{"error":"json_encode","reason":"{bad_term,{nocatch,{doc_validation,<<\"Bad
special document member: _attachments\">>}}}"}

> Yeah, at the moment there's no way to bypass this restriction -- you can't
> start your own fields with _* Best,
Okay, it seems this restriction must have skipped "__" in 0.9.0 as it
works on that server. I will update the column names to something
else.

Regards,

-Chris