From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: massive replication?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:42:47 GMT
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Miles Fidelman
<> wrote:
> Daniel Trümper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>> 2. It seems like there's a point at which explicit 1-1 replication starts
>>> to be an administrative nightmare.  Some kind of publish-subscribe or
>>> multi-cast update model seems needed.
>> Would the new continuous replication feature be what you need? With this
>> all changes to A get automatically replicated to B, if I get things right
>> here...
> Well it's more of, when I change A, I want the changes to propagate to B
> through Z (or "all") - with some sort of multi-cast addressing rather than
> having to identify every node explicitly.

If you do a hub-and-spoke or ring topology you can simplify the
replication problem a bit. But a gossip protocol is more resistant to
down nodes. I'd like to see a replication bus in the open source

However, continuous replication will pretty much work.

> --
> In practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra

Chris Anderson

View raw message