From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sofa vs Couchdb(X) 0.10
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:44:33 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Nicolas Steinmetz <nsteinmetz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed CouchDBX on my macbook but my app doest not work, neither
> sofa.
>
> I thought first I fell into the API change from 0.9 to 0.10 for list but not
> enough.
>
> I have quite the same code as index.js from sofa.
>
> When I try to go to
> http://127.0.0.1:5984/sofa/_design/sofa/_list/index/recent-posts?descending=true&limit=5
>
> I have : {"error":"os_process_error","reason":"{exit_status,133}"}
>
> Sofa is an empty db just created with couchapp.
>
> For index.js, I thought it was due to the return
> template(templates.index.tail...) that I thought could be
> send(template(templates.index.tail...) but that's not this.
>
> So I do not know if it comes from CouchdbX or Sofa.
>
> The only things that works well is Futon.
>
> So is sofa compatible with 0.10 or do I have an issue with CouchdbX ?

First of all, thanks for raising your question. Without feedback it's
hard to know how well things are working for people.

Sofa should be compatible with 0.10. Which version do you have? You
may want to update to the latest git head, or couchapp clone from
jchrisa.net.

It could be that the js runner is having an issue on your platform.
I'm not sure what the best way to test this is.

Jan may know.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson