incubator-couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: COPY bug
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:11:47 GMT
That patch is harder. Patches welcome though :)

Paul Davis

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Sebastian Negomireanu
<sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro> wrote:
> How about returning the new document instead? It would make things easier,
> since most of the time after a copy operation you want to use the new
> document. So instead of making two requests, you can only make one.
>
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian Negomireanu | CTO / Managing Partner JustDesign Sibiu, Romania
> +40-726-181186 | +40-788-757462
> sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro
>
> SC JustDesign SRL | Str. Dorului 20, 550352, Sibiu, Romania
> +40-269-210008 | office@justdesign.ro | www.justdesign.ro
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the ones to
> which it is addressed, and contains information which is confidential and
> may be privileged. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use (of any part) of
> this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please notify the sender or Just Design SRL by return e-mail or telephone
> (+40-269-210008) and delete this e-mail from your system, including any
> attachments thereto. Any information in this message that does not relate to
> the official business of Just Design SRL shall be understood as neither
> given nor endorsed by it. Internet communications are not secure, therefore
> Just Design SRL does not accept any liability for either the contents of
> this message, or any damage related to documents and/or data which are
> communicated by e-mail. Violation of this notice may be unlawful.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Davis [mailto:paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:55 PM
> To: user@couchdb.apache.org
> Subject: Re: COPY bug
>
> Hmmm. Now all we have to do is decide if we want ok:true or not.
>
> Anyone have an opinion? It would remain more consistent with the other
> CRUD style operations that don't return a document.
>
> Paul
>
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Sebastian Negomireanu
> <sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro> wrote:
>> The documentation I'm looking at is here:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API
>>
>> You just need to scroll down to the COPY command. The response in the
>> documentation is:
>>
>> HTTP/1.1 201 Created
>> Server: CouchDB/0.9.0a730122-incubating (Erlang OTP/R12B)
>> Etag: "355068078"
>> Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:12:49 GMT
>> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8
>> Content-Length: 41
>> Cache-Control: must-revalidate
>>
>> {"ok":true,"id":"some_other_doc","rev":"355068078"}
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Paul Davis [mailto:paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com]
>> Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:30 PM
>> To: user@couchdb.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: COPY bug
>>
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> There doesn't appear to be anything in the code to return {ok:true,
>> ...} as you mention. Can you paste a link to the docs? It could be
>> that we dropped the flag in a refactor.
>>
>> This is a less than one line patch to fix, does anyone have any
>> insight on to what's proper?
>>
>> Paul Davis
>>
>> Note to future self: Line 785 in couch_httpd_db.erl
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Sebastian Negomireanu
>> <sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I am running the Windows version of CouchDB. It seems that when I perform
>> a
>>> COPY operation the result does not contain the ok=true pair, only the id
>> and
>>> rev values. Is this by design or is it a bug (the documentation says that
>> it
>>> should also return the ok value)?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>  _____
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Sebastian Negomireanu | CTO / Managing Partner JustDesign Sibiu, Romania
>>> +40-726-181186 | +40-788-757462
>>>  <mailto:sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro>
>>> sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro
>>>
>>> SC JustDesign SRL | Str. Dorului 20, 550352, Sibiu, Romania
>>> +40-269-210008 |  <mailto:office@justdesign.ro> office@justdesign.ro |
>>> <http://www.justdesign.ro> www.justdesign.ro
>>>
>>> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the ones to
>>> which it is addressed, and contains information which is confidential and
>>> may be privileged. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use (of any part)
>> of
>>> this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
>>> please notify the sender or Just Design SRL by return e-mail or telephone
>>> (+40-269-210008) and delete this e-mail from your system, including any
>>> attachments thereto. Any information in this message that does not relate
>> to
>>> the official business of Just Design SRL shall be understood as neither
>>> given nor endorsed by it. Internet communications are not secure,
>> therefore
>>> Just Design SRL does not accept any liability for either the contents of
>>> this message, or any damage related to documents and/or data which are
>>> communicated by e-mail. Violation of this notice may be unlawful.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message