From Thomas Delaet <tho...@delaet.org>
Subject Re: Where do deleceted docs go
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:29:00 GMT
If I understand this correctly, the fact that you can not rely on
deleted documents being available cripples the synchronization
mechanism.

Situation:

Node A
 => Document X (rev 1)

Node B
 => Document X (rev 1)

Events:

1. Node A deletes Document X
2. Node A compacts its database
3. Node B synchronizes its database with Node A
     => Node B will not know that document X is deleted.
    Alternatively: if Document X is at rev 2 on Node B, no conflict
will be generated ...

I guess that the ' GET /dbname/id_of_deleted_document?deleted=true'
that you propose is needed, but doesn't the replication algorithm need
to be adapted too?

Kind Regards

--Thomas