From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad special document member: [_attachments|__type]
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:21:10 GMT
On Oct 27, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Chris Stockton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to replicate one of our databases, and came across the
> response [1], Some googlin' led me to [2] I did not see further
> discussion, anyone know a resolution?

Hi Chris, it sounds like a version mismatch.  Were you replicating
from a newer version to an older version?  Better yet, can you just
give the full details of the replication config and the server versions.

_attachments, if memory serves, is a new-ish field, so older versions
may not recognize it.

> When reducing my dataset for troubleshooting, I came across [3]. We
> use __type to denote a application specific type, like _* is used for
> couchdb, __* we were going to use for our application. I can see how
> __ would match _* :p This is something I assume we need to rectify our
> self, any suggestions to a alternative?

Yeah, at the moment there's no way to bypass this restriction -- you
can't start your own fields with _* Best,

Adam