From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where do deleceted docs go
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:49:16 GMT
I just discovered yesterday that there is a backdoor to let you view
the deleted document, but only if you know it's revision:

GET /dbname/id_of_deleted_doument?rev=1-90394320932

Perhaps this is a backdoor we just forgot to close.  On the other
hand, I think it would be nice to allow non-guaranteed "reverts" of
accidentally deleted documents.  99% of the time, an immediate revert
of a delete would work just fine.  I think I'd also be in favor of
making it possible to view the deleted document content without
knowing its revision beforehand; e.g. something like

GET /dbname/id_of_deleted_document?deleted=true

Best, Adam