From Jim Kass <...@nhrevolution.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB PHP Problem.
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:30:58 GMT
Daniel,

Looking through your code there are a number of bugs.

1) In order for /r/n to be interpolated properly in your header you
must use double-quoted strings.  Currently you are sending a single
line with the chars /r/n.

2) Line 15 needs to match the host in config with a colon before port
number.   I.e. "Host: localhost:5984"

3) line 18 should use "!==" not "!=".

4) you are not closing your socket - which although it wont break, is
a bad habit.

This will work with these changes however pure socket programming is a
bit more complex than your considering. For one thing in your code the
socket will not close right away which is why you see such a long delay.

Even once the data is retrieved this is still an issue. This is
probably due to blocking on the open socket and waiting for the socket
to timeout.

Then again couch may not be sending a proper EOF, so who knows.

Strongly recommend you use cURL, context streams or just refer to an
existing REST library for Couch in PHP.

HTH,
Jim