From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: COPY bug
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:45:09 GMT

On 26 Oct 2009, at 09:06, Nils Breunese wrote:

> Doesn't the HTTP status code already tell you whether the request
> was successful or not? What does sending a bit of JSON add to that?

Browsers don't show response headers neither does curl (unless you
specifically ask them / tell them to). Being able to see the status of
a request in the response body is very good for introspection with
different tools. I realise that the pure HTTP way would be to just
have the status codes, but in practice this duplication is really
helpful.

Cheers
Jan