From Alex P <apede...@kolosy.com>
Subject couch behavior for san snapshots
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:18:26 GMT
hello,

we ran into an issue this weekend where taking a SAN (amazon ebs) snapshot
of a couchdb mount somehow brought over only part of the data. specifically,
there were two small dbs (call them db1 and db2) on the couch instance, each
with several hundred documents. taking the snapshot and bringing it up again
showed both databases, but one had 0 documents and an update sequence of 0.
the instance the snapshot was taken from still has both databases showing
with several hundred databases. we repeated this process several times, with
the same effect, on the same db.

any thoughts would be much appreciated, as we are about to go live, and not
being able to do a backup of our db is ... disturbing.

thanks,
alex.